GETTING SET UP WITH SIMPLECHAT
- Navigate to the Weebly Site Editor. Make sure you are editing the same website that you signed up during your purchase or free trial.
- You should now see a minimized chat window titled 'SimpleChat Settings' at the bottom of the editor. Go ahead and click where it says 'SimpleChat Settings.'
- You should now see the SimpleChat Settings modal. Here you can configure a few different visual properties that your customers see (branding settings), and you can also add a support agent (this is likely you).
EDIT BRANDING SETTINGS
- Your branding settings consist of two things: 1 - The header color of your chat window 2 - The text your customers see in the minimized chat window.
- To change the color of your chat window simply click any of the boxes next to 'Chat Header Color.' You should see the minimized chat window at the bottom right change colors.
- To change the header text simply enter whatever you'd like in the input box next to 'Chat Header Title.'
ADD AN AGENT
- Enter your phone number and name in the appropriate boxes and click 'Save.' Note: the phone number you provide when you add an agent is the phone number at which you will receive messages from customers who need support on your website. The name you enter is the name your customers will see in the chat window.
- You should have received a verification text by now. Enter the 5-digit number you received into the empty verification input box. Click 'Verify' and you're all set!